How does AMORE benefit the OFP player community?
- Multimedia audio files can now be reused by OFP missions by downloading a single copy of such
audio files, rather than
having these audio files bundled into every mission PBO file that uses them.
- Missions files that are AMORE compliant are
much smaller because they no longer have music tracks and other audio files
bundled into the mission's PBO file.
- As more AMORE compliant missions are produced,
the AMORE Repository will house a larger collection of quality audio
files that can be reused over and over again in new missions produced to be
- Anyone can be an AMORE Contributor, even without mission
- Non-mission specific AMORE contributions can
be created to add popular music tracks to the AMORE Repository or to distribute
entire sound effect mods that can be used by AMORE compliant mission makers when creating new
- AMORE Contributors can have their
files listed here at The FAQ and at other major OFP WEB sites for reference by the entire player community.
- Players will be able to play AMORE compliant
missions even if they do not or can not download an AMORE
compliant mission's music files. How this is achieved with AMORE will be
explained elsewhere. Without AMORE, mission makers have to produce two separate
copies of their mission files - one without the music bundled inside and one
with - in order to accomplish this.
- The contents of the AMORE Repository are
non-proprietary audio files that can be used in other games or simply be played for your
- With AMORE, mission makers no longer have to define audio files in a mission's
DESCRIPTION.EXT file. Instead, AMORE audio files
are defined once by the
AMORE Contributor, in the contributor's unique
AMORE Addon File, a small addon PBO file.
- Island anim cutscenes can now play
customized audio files using AMORE. Until now, only OFP's internally defined
audio files were
useable in island anim cutscenes.
- Players can subscribe to receive news and
updates about AMORE by